2 tbsps ghee (clarified butter)
1 large onion, diced
1 bulb of garlic, minced
1 tbsps fresh ginger, grated
2 tbsps curry powder
2-3 tbsps red thai curry paste
1 tbsps cayenne pepper
1 medium butternut squash, cubed
4 heads of broccoli cut into florets
4 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 14-oz can of coconut milk
Freshly cracked black pepper
Red wine vinegar powder or salt
2 cups grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
1. Heat up a large pot on the stove over medium heat.
2. Add the ghee, onion, and garlic into the pot. Season with black pepper, red wine vinegar powder, and salt.
3. Cook for about 10 minutes or until onions are soft and beginning to brown.
4. Add ginger, curry powder, thai curry paste, and cayenne pepper. Stir into the onion mixture and cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Add squash, broccoli, and chicken broth to the pot. Cover and let simmer for 40-45 minutes or until all vegetables are soft.
6. Using an immersion blender, blend soup until you have a consistency similar to a purée.
7. Add coconut milk to hot soup.
8. Stir in grated cheddar cheese until melted. If the soup is too thick, add water in increments of ¼ cup.
9. Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese. Enjoy either warm or chilled.